Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 9039

I cannot get my Apple Music library to sync to my Mac book. It’s on my iPhone but I keep geTting error code 9039 on my Mac. I also can download any music manually from Apple Music to my MAC

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 2:29 AM

Apple music Version 1.0.1.37, macbook pro 2018, Catalina Version 10.15.1. (19B88)

I get this error while trying to add any track to my library. It appears very often, several times per day and it is very irritates me.

I switched to apple music from Deezer and have some disappointment because of this issue.

It is very sad when I try to add some song to a Library, get error, have to restart apple music app, try to find where was I, find the track interested me and then add it to the library. It is the only way to fix the error. And I loose a lot of time to do simple things.

Especially it the error appears several times - it is a huge time to spent to fix the issue and perform the action I had tried before the error.

The issue appears randomly. For example after several hours after the app was launched regardless if music is playing or not.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2019 2:29 AM in response to chris_g1

Apple music Version 1.0.1.37, macbook pro 2018, Catalina Version 10.15.1. (19B88)

I get this error while trying to add any track to my library. It appears very often, several times per day and it is very irritates me.

I switched to apple music from Deezer and have some disappointment because of this issue.

It is very sad when I try to add some song to a Library, get error, have to restart apple music app, try to find where was I, find the track interested me and then add it to the library. It is the only way to fix the error. And I loose a lot of time to do simple things.

Especially it the error appears several times - it is a huge time to spent to fix the issue and perform the action I had tried before the error.

The issue appears randomly. For example after several hours after the app was launched regardless if music is playing or not.

Oct 24, 2019 11:31 AM in response to Bryce1001

Hi Bryce1001,

Thank you for posting about the issue with Apple Music on your Mac. I'm glad to see how I can help.

To clarify, are you saying you can't download music on the Mac? Are you seeing the 9039 error code then as well, or a different error?

As a start, try signing out of Apple Music and then back in. When you do this, songs downloaded for offline play will be removed so you'll need to re-download those after. To sign out, click the Store or Account menu (depending on your software version) at the top of your screen and Sign Out, and then Sign In. Does that help?

If not, try booting into safe mode to rule out certain software causes: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Also, which macOS version are you using under Apple menu () > About This Mac?

I hope this helps. Take care.

Error 9039

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.