Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a person with an ICD safely wear an Apple Watch 5?

Is it safe for a person with an implanted cardiac device (biventricular pacer defibrillator) to wear an Apple Watch 5?

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 2:13 PM

Thanks, Fieryjack!

My husband has a pacer/defibrillator, though at the moment the defibrillator is disconnected. I'm sure it is similar to your friend's system and I would really like for my husband to enjoy an Apple Watch as much as I am enjoying mine. I'll check in with his cardiologist as well, but I'm glad to know that folks with ICDs are using them without problems.

Thanks for you help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2019 2:13 PM in response to Community User

Thanks, Fieryjack!

My husband has a pacer/defibrillator, though at the moment the defibrillator is disconnected. I'm sure it is similar to your friend's system and I would really like for my husband to enjoy an Apple Watch as much as I am enjoying mine. I'll check in with his cardiologist as well, but I'm glad to know that folks with ICDs are using them without problems.

Thanks for you help.

Oct 19, 2019 5:58 AM in response to hai

I'm not sure about your device but my friend has a pacemaker fitted and he wears an apple watch with no problems,is your device similar?.

Can a person with an ICD safely wear an Apple Watch 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.