Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stopped Catalina Beta - no updates available!!

I tried the last couple of builds of the Catalina Beta on my 2015 MacBook Pro, and after the "real" version was released, I opted out of further betas in Settings.

My Mac is not updating - It's still showing 19A582A and 10.15 Beta. The latest patch/update from last week has not installed. If I manually check, it says there are no updates available.

Is there a way, other than wiping my HD and re-installing the Catalina final release version that I can get back on the non-beta track?

Thanks!!

Ken

MacBook

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 9:07 AM

Yes!! I found a reference to how to do this and it worked like a charm. I don't do a lot with Command Lines/Terminal any more but it worked as advertised. FYI, I did notice that it took some time before the download started and then the download was slow. But, when it was done, the full installer was in the Applications folder and worked perfectly! I am now off the beta!! (It was also the latest build with the Supplements included!!)

Open Terminal, and run this command: software update__fetch-full-installer (the "__" is 2 underscore "_" key strokes)

Apple should not make this quite so hard ...

Ken

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2019 9:07 AM in response to itsmepokono

Yes!! I found a reference to how to do this and it worked like a charm. I don't do a lot with Command Lines/Terminal any more but it worked as advertised. FYI, I did notice that it took some time before the download started and then the download was slow. But, when it was done, the full installer was in the Applications folder and worked perfectly! I am now off the beta!! (It was also the latest build with the Supplements included!!)

Open Terminal, and run this command: software update__fetch-full-installer (the "__" is 2 underscore "_" key strokes)

Apple should not make this quite so hard ...

Ken

Stopped Catalina Beta - no updates available!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.