Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My clips are missing the audio Files when exported to iMovie 10.1.13

Hello,

I recorded a few video clips on my iPhone and airdropped them to my MAC as I usually do. I've exported the clips to iMovie and there is no audio. I double checked the original clips on my iPhone as well as QuickTime Player on my MAC and audio is present - but seem to disappear in iMovie. Anyone experienced this an or have a solution to share? Thanks.

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 5:54 AM

I went ahead and reached out to the Apple support for further assistance. Here's the link:

https://getsupport.apple.com

What worked:

It appeared airdropping the files may have been the culprit not sure how since I've used this method countless times without fail. We connected my phone to my MAC via the USB and imported the clips thru photos in the iMovie screen and that seems to work. Hope this helps - should you encounter the same issue.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2019 5:54 AM in response to brownsugar7210

I went ahead and reached out to the Apple support for further assistance. Here's the link:

https://getsupport.apple.com

What worked:

It appeared airdropping the files may have been the culprit not sure how since I've used this method countless times without fail. We connected my phone to my MAC via the USB and imported the clips thru photos in the iMovie screen and that seems to work. Hope this helps - should you encounter the same issue.

Oct 18, 2019 6:12 PM in response to brownsugar7210

Hi,

First, make sure that you audio is not muted in iMovie. To check, select your video clip in the timeline of a project and click on the little loudspeaker icon in the toolbar at the upper right of your screen. See if the volume is set to zero. If so, use the little slider button to raise the volume. Look to see if the little loudspeaker symbol next to the "Auto" box has a red line through it. If so, click the loudspeaker symbol to get rid of the red line.

Another thing that you can try is to open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you have audio in your imported clip.

-- Rich

My clips are missing the audio Files when exported to iMovie 10.1.13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.