Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When dragging in clips from my iPhone audio is not included

Hi, I'm just learning iMovie. When bringing in video clips from my iPhoto library I can't find the audio. I tried going to Modify > Detach Audio but it is not highlighted so for some reason the audio is not coming over with the file. Any suggestions? Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 9:15 AM

I assume that you mean Photos app. library not iPhoto library. You didn't mention how you were "bringing in" the video clips so to cover the bases, try the following if you have not already done so.

Make sure that your Photos app library is designated as the system photo library in the Photos app General preferences. Then access your video in iMovie via the Photos item in the iMovie media sidebar.

You also can File/Export the video clip from the Photos app library to your desktop, and from there drag it into the timeline of an iMovie project.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 9:15 AM in response to McFaceplant

I assume that you mean Photos app. library not iPhoto library. You didn't mention how you were "bringing in" the video clips so to cover the bases, try the following if you have not already done so.

Make sure that your Photos app library is designated as the system photo library in the Photos app General preferences. Then access your video in iMovie via the Photos item in the iMovie media sidebar.

You also can File/Export the video clip from the Photos app library to your desktop, and from there drag it into the timeline of an iMovie project.

-- Rich

When dragging in clips from my iPhone audio is not included

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.