Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my FaceTime calls saying FaceTime failed every time?

Okay, so I’ve been trying to fix my iPhone for a while now. I’ve updated my software,reset my whole phone, googled everything I can. But whenever I receive or give FaceTime calls and I press answer it says FaceTime failed. I know I’m connected to my WiFi, I’ve deactivated and reactivated my Apple ID and iCloud several times, and it’s been happening every single time I FaceTime with multiple different people. I go to my settings and press FaceTime and my number isn’t there so I go to my Apple ID and try to add it but it says it can’t because it’s already associated with my account. It also won’t let me sign in to use Apple ID for FaceTime. Whenever I go to the actual FaceTime app, it says waiting for activation. So I’m just soo confused I just need this figured out..

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 7:30 PM

1 reply

Oct 24, 2019 3:27 PM in response to kelsie121

Hello kelsie121,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that you’re unable to make a FaceTime call; I'd like to help.

Here's a resource that could help:

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Here is another article that can help:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime

Hope these article help.

Best Regards.

Why is my FaceTime calls saying FaceTime failed every time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.