Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple tv thinks daylight saving time doesn't exist

Up to date on system, etc...may have been happening for a spell; but, I just noticed when switching out of Britbox at 7:47 MDT, tonight, upper RH corner said it was 6:47. Went to settings and found time setting for the device was correct ... daylight time is what it said ... rebooted, checked settings for correct time ... went back to Britbox, started up a feed, stopped, and menu buttoned out. Still showed me wrong time.

Suggestions?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 8:52 PM

5 replies

Oct 23, 2019 12:30 PM in response to Edward Campbell

Similar problem here in Brazil. Our President decided (kind of by himself) to not adopt daylight savings time anymore. Although I haven't checked my old Apple TV 3rd Gen yet, I've found out that my iPad 2 (stuck in iOS 9.3.5) erroneously advanced by one hour.

I was under the impression that they got the time from a server over the network, not from configurations from an unsupported iOS version. Alas, my iPad 2 is WiFi only, else the iOS 9.3.6 from a couple of months ago should've done the trick.

No problem, though, on my newer devices (MacBook Pro and iPhone SE) which are current with the latest OS releases.

My apple tv thinks daylight saving time doesn't exist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.