Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

My Apple TV shows the wrong date and time

I have tried everything

Every setting, FAQ on the web, restart ATV, reset ATV (I was sure a reset would solve the problem)

Nothing works

I'm sure Apple Support will just ask me to do the things I have already done

So what can I do?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 6:11 AM

Apple TV will take its date and time setting from contacting NTP servers on the internet (in UTC). So verify that your Apple TV box has internet connectivity and that port 123 UDP is not blocked on the network.

If the time is off by a few hours, then the issue may be with the time zone. The time zone calculates an offset from UTC for each geolocation. Time Zone is an option in Settings﹥General﹥, based on a nearby city of the same time zone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2023 6:11 AM in response to jakobfromranders

Apple TV will take its date and time setting from contacting NTP servers on the internet (in UTC). So verify that your Apple TV box has internet connectivity and that port 123 UDP is not blocked on the network.

If the time is off by a few hours, then the issue may be with the time zone. The time zone calculates an offset from UTC for each geolocation. Time Zone is an option in Settings﹥General﹥, based on a nearby city of the same time zone.

My Apple TV shows the wrong date and time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.