Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dock not showing up after update to Catalina

Hi guys,

i found my dock not showing up when I start my MBPr 2019. A restart bring it back but usually when It first start up the dock is missing. I tried to reinstall MacOs and setting dock as new but with no luck. Any ideas? Is this a known bug?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 12:27 AM

7 replies

Oct 22, 2019 3:00 PM in response to mattiadebiaggi

I have this same issue. The dock is just gone. When I bring up the dock settings and move the "size" slider around, the dock becomes visible for as long as I click. Once I let go, the dock disappears. I tried clicking on the invisible icons after the dock disappears, nothing. If I try to minimize a window, it will freeze the application/window. If I toggle the size slider again, the dock will become visible and the windows will minimize into the dock. Once I let go, the dock disappears again into the void. I can bring a window up again by CMD + TAB, then sliding the size slider, and then the window will come up out of the dock. My OS is basically unusable at the moment.

My Specs:

OS Catalina 10.15

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Processor: 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Radeon RX Vega 56 8 GB

Dock not showing up after update to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.