Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Access Denied" and "Cannot support third party cookies" when watching embedded videos

When attempting to watch my lectures, which are embedded videos on Blackboard, I click play and it says either "Access Denied" or "Cannot support third party cookies." I've looked into a few articles on enabling cross site tracking, disabling content blockers on the website and clearing the cookies. I've also tried to update both my Mac and Safari, nothing seems to work. A lot of the articles do seem outdated for the newer versions of everything. I almost downloaded Chrome, but since the capability is there for Safari, it just seems like putting a bandaid on a bigger issue. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 11:05 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 19, 2019 7:09 PM in response to xoxosdlyons

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Oct 23, 2019 11:43 AM in response to Eric Root

I think I have found a solution to this issue. The reason why videos are not loading (I had the same issues) is because of the Adobe Flash Player in not enabled.

Open Safari > and then click Safari (top left corner) > Click Preferences

Locate and click websites

Under General panel, you will see Plug-ins > make sure Adobe Flash Player is Enabled.

In the Configured Websites window/panel turn on all that you need to turn on.

Exit out of preferences and close out of Safari, return to your website and enjoy. Please see screen caps below.

Thank you.

"Access Denied" and "Cannot support third party cookies" when watching embedded videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.