Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will an unlocked iPhone from Apple work in Cambodia as in Carriers.

Will an unlocked iPhone bought from Apple in the U.S. be able to use in Cambodia? I am planning to buy the new iPhone 11 Pro Max while I am in the U.S. for my trip. I will be returning back to my home country soon. And I don’t know if It would work with my carrier back home or not.

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 12:12 PM

It will work in Cambodia or anywhere else in the world. Depending on the bands used by the carriers in Cambodia it may or may not work on LTE, but will always work on 3G.

Two important things to know:

• You MUST buy the phone directly from an Apple Store or Apple Online and explicitly ask for an unlocked phone not associated with any US carrier. No other merchant sells unlocked phones, although some overzealous sales people might imply otherwise.
  • The warranty is not international; the phone must be returned to the US for any Apple service, both in or out of warranty.

A less important thing to know: Sales tax will be added to the price, and is not refundable. But it can be as high as 11% depending on the State and City where you purchase the phone. For one datum, New York City sales tax is 8.875%. Across the Hudson River in New Jersey it is 7%.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2019 12:12 PM in response to panhapich11

It will work in Cambodia or anywhere else in the world. Depending on the bands used by the carriers in Cambodia it may or may not work on LTE, but will always work on 3G.

Two important things to know:

• You MUST buy the phone directly from an Apple Store or Apple Online and explicitly ask for an unlocked phone not associated with any US carrier. No other merchant sells unlocked phones, although some overzealous sales people might imply otherwise.
  • The warranty is not international; the phone must be returned to the US for any Apple service, both in or out of warranty.

A less important thing to know: Sales tax will be added to the price, and is not refundable. But it can be as high as 11% depending on the State and City where you purchase the phone. For one datum, New York City sales tax is 8.875%. Across the Hudson River in New Jersey it is 7%.

Will an unlocked iPhone from Apple work in Cambodia as in Carriers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.