Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos application can no longer under Catalina edit RAM images

There are many bugs in Catalina , one being the fact that RAW images that previously could be edited in Photos. This is no longer the case , at least until a fix is released . Any workarounds ?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 9:49 AM

However is still the Luminar 3 unable to save edited images under Catalina , but this is not related to Apple rather Skylum who I understand is working on the problem.

I can currently not use any of the Skylum apps on Catalina, only with clumsy work-arounds.

To edit a. photo in Luminar 3 I have to open it in the full editor from the "Image > Edit with > Others" menu item. Once Luminar opens and I have finished editing the Photo, I have to use "File > Share > Open in Photos".

This will save an edited version in Photos and I have to deal with versions of the same image.

I hope the new Luminar 4, to be released on November 11, will fix this problem.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 9:49 AM in response to maxrobert

However is still the Luminar 3 unable to save edited images under Catalina , but this is not related to Apple rather Skylum who I understand is working on the problem.

I can currently not use any of the Skylum apps on Catalina, only with clumsy work-arounds.

To edit a. photo in Luminar 3 I have to open it in the full editor from the "Image > Edit with > Others" menu item. Once Luminar opens and I have finished editing the Photo, I have to use "File > Share > Open in Photos".

This will save an edited version in Photos and I have to deal with versions of the same image.

I hope the new Luminar 4, to be released on November 11, will fix this problem.

Oct 26, 2019 7:36 AM in response to maxrobert

Hello, maxrobert.

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

From what I understand is that you're no longer able to edit RAW photos since updating to macOS Catalina. I'd like to help. What happens when you try to edit a RAW photo, do you get any errors?

I'd double check the camera compatibility: Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 13, iPadOS 13, and macOS Catalina

Then see if you're able to do so in a test user account and safe mode:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Keep me updated.

Cheers!

Oct 26, 2019 9:41 AM in response to Matthew.S81

Hello, and thank you for getting back to this question. This was however cleared after I restarted and used the Disk Utility for a quick repair. After that I could edit the raw images without any error messages. However is still the Luminar 3 unable to save edited images under Catalina , but this is not related to Apple rather Skylum who I understand is working on the problem.

Best regards

Photos application can no longer under Catalina edit RAM images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.