Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Calendar

Why us the Apple Calendar so bad? I am looking for a replacement to Google Calendar. I thought Apple Calendar would do it however I don't think it can.

For example I try to add a ical feed to the MacOS Calendar however I can't change its colour so all ical's are black.. Also the ical does not show in the web app. It doesn't show in the IOS version on my iphone ither not impressed to say the least.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 2:13 PM

Hello Sheraton,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you want to customize the colors of each calendar within the Calendar app on your Mac. You also want to add an iCal feed to your calendar. I’m happy to help.

Please use the steps here to change your calendar’s color or name on your Mac: Change a calendar’s name or color on Mac - Apple Support

You can import calendars using the steps in the section titled “Import events into a calendar” here: Import or export calendars on Mac - Apple Support

Take care.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2019 2:13 PM in response to psheraton

Hello Sheraton,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you want to customize the colors of each calendar within the Calendar app on your Mac. You also want to add an iCal feed to your calendar. I’m happy to help.

Please use the steps here to change your calendar’s color or name on your Mac: Change a calendar’s name or color on Mac - Apple Support

You can import calendars using the steps in the section titled “Import events into a calendar” here: Import or export calendars on Mac - Apple Support

Take care.

Oct 28, 2019 10:45 AM in response to psheraton

Welcome back Sheraton,

I am glad to hear that you see the colors of your calendars now. 

Are you storing the iCal calendars on your Mac or iCloud? If they’re being stored locally on your Mac, then you wouldn’t see them in iCloud. Here’s more information on keeping your Calendar up to date with iCloud here: Keep your Calendar up to date with iCloud - Apple Support

If you still need hep, please contact Apple Support here: Get Support

Cheers.

Apple Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.