Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes for Windows 10 won't play anything, stuck at 0:00

The past week my iTunes has not been working at all. All music/streams/podcasts/etc. have been stuck at 0:00 and the progress bar doesn't move. My computer loads the song but none of it plays. The play button acts as if it's playing (switches to pause). I've tried redownloading iTunes, changing my "Play Audio Using" setting, changed permissions on the folder where iTunes originates, and restarting my computer. nothing has worked and any help would be amazing.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 5:43 PM

Hi davidtom1,

It sounds like you're having some trouble with iTunes for Windows, and I want to help.

You took some great steps so far. When you uninstalled iTunes, did you follow the steps here below:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

If you removed all components correctly, try testing in another user for Windows:

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let me know what happens.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2019 5:43 PM in response to davidtom1

Hi davidtom1,

It sounds like you're having some trouble with iTunes for Windows, and I want to help.

You took some great steps so far. When you uninstalled iTunes, did you follow the steps here below:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

If you removed all components correctly, try testing in another user for Windows:

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let me know what happens.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

iTunes for Windows 10 won't play anything, stuck at 0:00

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.