Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop "only videos" syncing to iCloud photos

I don't want to sync "only videos" to iCloud, apparently there is no such settings, it syncs both Photos and Videos - kindly help! My iPhone has capability to shoot 4k and I always shoot in that mode - these files are too heavy and my iCloud storage gets full quite often.

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 8:50 PM

I don't want to sync "only videos" to iCloud, apparently there is no such settings, it syncs both Photos and Videos - kindly help! My iPhone has capability to shoot 4k and I always shoot in that mode - these files are too heavy and my iCloud storage gets full quite often.

The iCloud Photo Library will sync both photos and videos to iCloud when optimization is OFF. The files will be full sized on both your device and iCloud.

If optimization is ON, it will sync both but the videos will be full sized on iCloud and a small thumbnail on your Device. The photos will be full sized on iCloud, but a smaller, device sized file on your device.

All files will be full sized on iCloud, regardless of your settings.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2019 8:50 PM in response to PVB-DXB

The iCloud Photo Library will sync both photos and videos to iCloud when optimization is OFF. The files will be full sized on both your device and iCloud.

If optimization is ON, it will sync both but the videos will be full sized on iCloud and a small thumbnail on your Device. The photos will be full sized on iCloud, but a smaller, device sized file on your device.

All files will be full sized on iCloud, regardless of your settings.

Stop "only videos" syncing to iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.