Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old number attached to imessage

I disconnected my cellular service with Softbank in Japan. I had my device unlocked before doing so, because I intend to use my current device with my next carrier. I currently have no carrier and am only using WiFi. When I use iMessage to talk to friends and family it still shows that I’m texting from my old Japanese number even after they’ve deleted the number from my contact. I’ve gone into settings for iMessage and iTunes to try to delete the number as a method of contact but the number is greyes out with a check mark next to it. Please help me delete this number so it will no longer be associated with my Apple ID.

I googled the problem and the only solution I found was to turn iMessage and FaceTime off and back on again, which I did multiple times. I’m still unable to delete the number.

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 7:27 AM

Have you removed the number from your Apple ID? Allow time for the change to sync and then sign out/into Messages/FaceTime.

Apple ID - Manage

Similar questions

1 reply

Old number attached to imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.