Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage uses my pre-ported number

A while ago I ported my number from my network onto a new sim card. I've just found out that whenever I send a message with iMessage it seems to be coming from the old number.

My Apple ID account shows both the old and the correct (ported) number, but the old one is the one at the top of the list which I'm prevented from deleting.

From searching for solutions i've tried a few things, including:

Switching off iMessage and Facetime, turning phone off for 10 mins then switching them on again.

Changing my AppleID password.

Resetting my network settings on the phone.

None of these worked.

Any ideas?

Posted on May 19, 2020 6:41 AM

5 replies

May 19, 2020 8:41 AM in response to damp_patch

Have you tried signing out of Messages/FaceTime on all your devices/computers, removing the old number, and then allowing 24 hours for the change to sync before signing back in?

If necessary, contact Apple ID Support. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

May 19, 2020 8:15 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi, yes I've tried that. The old number disappears from my AppleID when

I'm signed out of iMessage and Facetime, but as soon as I turn iMessage

back on it re-appears at the top of the list and isn't deletable.

Hovering over it it says "This is the number from your iPhone. It is used by iMessage and Facetime. to remove this numbersign out of iMessage and Facetime on your device."

Imessage uses my pre-ported number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.