Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Clip Time Code

Hello Friends - How do you change the clip information while using the skimming function in the browser?

Can you change the information displayed from clip name to Timecode?

At the end of the day I need timecode to log long interviews I can't find any TC....

RobLlew

iMovie 10.1.13

Mojave 10.14.6

MacBook

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 6:59 PM

Thank you Sensei Rich - That helps me dig into the logging process immensely.

"You gotta learn to log and love it."

Keeping track of the clip timecode escalates the creative process.

Many thanks & high regards,

Robllew

5 replies

Oct 22, 2019 3:28 PM in response to Rich839

Thank you Rich - That is very helpful. Most likely this is how I will log interviews.

I found this on http://imovie.skydocu.com

I don't seem to have this in my version of iMovie. Would happen to know if this is a discontinued feature from days of old?

Display the precise duration of video clips

You can have iMovie display the precise duration of the video clips in your Events (source video), and of the video clips and other elements in your projects. iMovie displays this timecode information in the standard format of HH:MM:SS:Frames (hours, minutes, seconds, frames).

To display timecode values:

• Choose iMovie > Preferences, click General, and then select “Display time as HH:MM:SS:Frames.”

Oct 22, 2019 3:54 PM in response to 1127robllew

I don't recall whether a time counter feature was part of iMovie 9 or 8. In iMovie 10 there is no feature that allows for displaying the time as HH:MM:SS:Frames. If you hold down the r key and move your cursor across a clip while pressing down you will see a little display box that pops up and displays in hours, minutes, and seconds measured by frames per second. So, if is a 30fps project when the counter reaches 00:29 (meaning zero seconds and 29 frames) the next tick will change the clock to 01:00 (meaning 1 second and zero frames). If it is a 60fps project when the counter reaches 00:59 (meaning zero seconds and 59 frames) the next tick will cycle to 01:00 (meaning 1 second and zero frames). However, the box disappears as soon as you release the track pad.

-- Rich

iMovie Clip Time Code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.