Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating ICloud settings on new Ipad

I am setting up my new IPad Pro from my older IPad and everything seemed to be going well until the Updating iCloud settings started. It’s been over 24 hours and it’s stuck here. What can I do?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 12:19 PM

Hey Cammee,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! Congrats on your new iPad! I understand that during the set up process it has been stuck at "Updating iCloud Settings" for over 24 hours. I definitely want to make sure you're able to use your iPad without issue and I'm happy to help.

Does this issue persist after restarting your device? Restart your iPad

Also, make sure you're able to connect to a reliable Wi-Fi, and have your device connected to power charging during the set up process. You can see more about setting up a new device here as well: Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks again, and have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 12:19 PM in response to Cammee

Hey Cammee,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! Congrats on your new iPad! I understand that during the set up process it has been stuck at "Updating iCloud Settings" for over 24 hours. I definitely want to make sure you're able to use your iPad without issue and I'm happy to help.

Does this issue persist after restarting your device? Restart your iPad

Also, make sure you're able to connect to a reliable Wi-Fi, and have your device connected to power charging during the set up process. You can see more about setting up a new device here as well: Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Updating ICloud settings on new Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.