Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stuck on updating iCloud settings

hi I recently got a new iPhone. I am attempting to update my iCloud settings onto new phone but its been stuck like this for 3 hours. should I attempt to restart phone and do it later?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 3:03 PM

4 replies

Jul 22, 2020 8:22 AM in response to Eric1998

I have the same problem. But it seems to be connected to Apple's weird two-factor authentication system, like explained in this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251178396

I moved my work phone from my private Apple ID to a new one. And whenever I try to sign-in or try to update my iCloud settings, it will get stuck. The Sign-in can be solved by just closing the Settings app after which I am just signed-in. The settings update though will not work.

Since I don't have another Apple device on my new Apple ID - just that one phone - I cannot confirm that sign-in attempt.

Since the other thread has no update posted since March, I assume that Apple just does not care.

My next phone will not be an Apple device.

stuck on updating iCloud settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.