Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspicious email

Hey there,

I received this email a few days ago to my iCloud email account, which I don’t use or give out to anyone! Anyone here happens to know what is this about?

BTW I don’t live in the US...

thanks!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 6:10 AM

it's fake and it has all the markings of a scam; most notably; no mention of your given name, just your eMail. Apple will never address you this way, they will only use your give name if there was a legitimate reason to contact you. Secondly if you have two factor authentication an Apple device associated with your ID would have alerted you and presented you with a 6 digit challenge code needed to log in if someone was actually trying to.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams. see this link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204759 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2019 6:10 AM in response to afcadavid

it's fake and it has all the markings of a scam; most notably; no mention of your given name, just your eMail. Apple will never address you this way, they will only use your give name if there was a legitimate reason to contact you. Secondly if you have two factor authentication an Apple device associated with your ID would have alerted you and presented you with a 6 digit challenge code needed to log in if someone was actually trying to.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams. see this link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204759 

Oct 21, 2019 6:07 AM in response to afcadavid

It's a scam designed to get your personal info. Anyone can have your email address.

In a message Apple will always address you by your real name, never by your email address or Dear Customer. Also the sent-from address should be @apple.com or @itunes.com Additionally Apple does not send attachments.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Forward it as an attachment to reportphishing@apple.com

Suspicious email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.