Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of the Noto font family?

There's a lenghty list of unsusable Noto fonts in my Adobe apps, that I have to scroll through everytime I need to pick a font. I can't delete them via Font Book (it's in the OS folder and deleting it is disabled).

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 6:30 AM

It's the only help possible with Catalina. All fonts installed by the OS are in the System folder. Fonts there cannot be deleted from the Finder desktop, or in Terminal. Not only are they in the System folder, but Catalina separates that part of the OS to a read only partition (it's read only while you're booted to that volume, not a different startup volume).

Also because they're in that location, they cannot be disabled with any font manager.

That only leaves the one solution.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2019 6:30 AM in response to abrxas

It's the only help possible with Catalina. All fonts installed by the OS are in the System folder. Fonts there cannot be deleted from the Finder desktop, or in Terminal. Not only are they in the System folder, but Catalina separates that part of the OS to a read only partition (it's read only while you're booted to that volume, not a different startup volume).

Also because they're in that location, they cannot be disabled with any font manager.

That only leaves the one solution.

How do I get rid of the Noto font family?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.