Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart playlists not syncing from Music app on Catalina

The smart playlists stopped being in sync after updating to Catalina. I can still create a new smart playlist on Mac, but it doesn't show up on either the Music app on my iPhone, or the web app of Apple Music. Anyone else experiencing this?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 2:01 PM

Check the rules of the smart playlist and make sure there isn't a blocked cloud symbol against it. If your rules could make the list include ineligible content then it won't propagate to the cloud.

tt2

9 replies

Oct 21, 2019 3:05 PM in response to turingtest2

I don't see any blocked cloud symbols and I am pretty sure that the playlist doesn't have any ineligible contents. I do have some smart playlists that reference other playlist. These had a blocked cloud symbol on iTunes and did not sync to iOS. Even they do not show the blocked cloud symbol anymore. So, I am guessing the blocked cloud symbol is gone starting in Music in Catalina.

Dec 9, 2019 5:38 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you soooooooooo much!!!! I’ve been trying to solve this thing for almost 2 months. I turned the live update off and it worked they synced in order.

I literally tried everything. I clean installed both of my phones and my Mac several times and nothing worked.

thank you so much. I stopped listening listening to new music because of that.

really appreciated.

apple support told me that it’s a glitch and it will be fixed in later updates.

Smart playlists not syncing from Music app on Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.