Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music - No option to add to library

I switched to Catalina couple of days ago. There is now a problem with adding Apple Music songs to my library. The option doesn't appear - see screen clip. I'm signed into Apple Music, but the songs I've added in the last month or so all seem to have gone from the library/a smart list I made to collate them [recently added].

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 11:41 AM

I had this problem as well (amongst other problems like Catalina Music not seeing all the music I had added to my library via my iPhone.

What fixed it for me was to go to Music > Preferences and tick the box "Sync Library (<apple id e-mail>)".

As soon as i closed preferenes it started syncing everything across and I could now add tracks to my library via Catalina Music.

I hope this helps!

Matt

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2019 11:41 AM in response to Midpoint

I had this problem as well (amongst other problems like Catalina Music not seeing all the music I had added to my library via my iPhone.

What fixed it for me was to go to Music > Preferences and tick the box "Sync Library (<apple id e-mail>)".

As soon as i closed preferenes it started syncing everything across and I could now add tracks to my library via Catalina Music.

I hope this helps!

Matt

Apple Music - No option to add to library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.