Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download macOS Catalina installer?

Hi,

I already updated/installed the Catalina.

but, I would like to download the installer image to make bootable macOS Catalina USB drive.

How can I download macOS Catalina installer on macOS Catalina?

(Before the Catalina, the Mac AppStore provided the link to download, but not anymore.)

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 8:13 AM

Hi InvenCode,

To make a bootable copy of the MacOS Catalina installer follow these steps.

First, use the direct download link which should open in the App Store. Click "Get" in order to begin the download.

Second, when the download finishes, you can follow the instructions if needed on how to make a bookable MacOS installer for Catalina.

I hope this helps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2019 8:13 AM in response to InvenCode

Hi InvenCode,

To make a bootable copy of the MacOS Catalina installer follow these steps.

First, use the direct download link which should open in the App Store. Click "Get" in order to begin the download.

Second, when the download finishes, you can follow the instructions if needed on how to make a bookable MacOS installer for Catalina.

I hope this helps.

Oct 26, 2019 4:10 PM in response to joycefromwoodbury

Hi joycefromwoodbury,

Before doing an upgrade make sure you have a good know backup of your data.

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if you can do the upgrade from there.

Hold down the Shift key when you boot up your Mac. You can also refer to the article, How to boot into Safe Mode if needed.

Safe boot take a little longer to boot as performs a disk repair and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, etc.

Another thing you can try is booting into Internet Recovery by holding down: Option Command R on your keyboard until you see a spinning globe. This will install MacOS Catalina over Mojave, retaining all of your data and applications.

You can also refer to the following article if needed: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery.

I hope this helps.

How to download macOS Catalina installer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.