Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

handoff does not work after Catalina upgrade

After getting Catalina upgrade the handoff feature no longer works between my Mac and iPhone. I have enabled the handoff on both devices and logged in with same apple ID. Any idea?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 9:30 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Jclinares!

I understand that after updating, you're unable to use Handoff between your iPhone and Mac. I'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

First, try restarting both your iPhone and Mac: Restart your iPhone

You'll also want to restart your modem or Wi-Fi router.

Test to see if Handoff works as expected. If not, try these steps on your Mac: Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder

Also, check to see if Handoff works correctly on another user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know the results.

Enjoy your day!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 9:30 AM in response to Jclinares

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Jclinares!

I understand that after updating, you're unable to use Handoff between your iPhone and Mac. I'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

First, try restarting both your iPhone and Mac: Restart your iPhone

You'll also want to restart your modem or Wi-Fi router.

Test to see if Handoff works as expected. If not, try these steps on your Mac: Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder

Also, check to see if Handoff works correctly on another user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know the results.

Enjoy your day!

handoff does not work after Catalina upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.