Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving downloaded videos externally

So, I purchased some movies and TV shows from iTunes before the Catalina Update and I downloaded them and then, saved them to an external hard drive. Since the update, I am unable to play any of the videos through Quicktime and they can't be opened in the new TV app. This app is great and all but I have no access to wifi at certain times and not enough space on my laptop to store all the media I want to, hence, the external drive. Is there anyway that I can still access and play these files?

Thanks.

MacBook

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 3:02 AM

You may need to reauthorize your computer following the Catalina upgrade. What happens when you try to play content that is stored on the external drive? Are there any error messages? Did you relink the files to your library after moving them? Have you tried importing them from the current location? Have you changed the name of the external drive?

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2019 3:02 AM in response to Eloise1881

You may need to reauthorize your computer following the Catalina upgrade. What happens when you try to play content that is stored on the external drive? Are there any error messages? Did you relink the files to your library after moving them? Have you tried importing them from the current location? Have you changed the name of the external drive?

tt2

Saving downloaded videos externally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.