Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iworks for mac os high sierra

I need to install numbers and pages on my mac, but I can´t install it from app store since I need to have a newer system than high sierra. But my Imac is old, and high sierra is the newest system it can handle.

How do I get an older version of numbers and pages to install on my Imac?

Thanks for helping.

Louise

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 12:55 AM

5 replies

Oct 22, 2019 5:03 AM in response to Louiseandy

Apple does not maintain past, full installation versions of applications once a newer version becomes available in the Mac App Store. Unless you have Pages v7.1 through v8.1 on a Time Machine backup, or on another Mac (with the same Apple ID), you have no means to install it.

Otherwise, you can purchase Pages '09 via the retail iWork '09 DVD from Amazon or Ebay resellers, and once installed update it with the iWork Update 9.3 which gets you the last application revisions from 12/2012. In many ways, Pages '09 is a stronger word processing application than what Apple delivered after it was retired. It cannot directly open documents created by Pages v5 and later though.

Oct 22, 2019 5:17 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you for your answer.

I already have the Iworks install DVD - Iwork 09 - but it wont install. I talked to Apple support, and they told me, that there is no way I can install Iworks on anything older than OS Mojave - and my computer is to old for that. It really sucks - makes my old Mac, on which I just had a new harddrive installed, useless for many purposes. :-(

Oct 22, 2019 6:31 AM in response to Louiseandy

That Apple support answer was nonsense. That iWork '09 DVD was released in Jan 2009. It will, and I have, installed it on Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, Sierra, High Sierra, and Mojave (10.14.5 or later). It will not install on Catalina because it is 32-bit code. It is Pages v8.2 (current) which can only install on Mojave or later.

What error are you receiving when attempting to install the iWork '09 DVD onto your iMac with High Sierra? It must be a retail DVD and not one marked as a trial.

Oct 22, 2019 11:09 AM in response to VikingOSX

Hi again.

I also had it installed on my mac before I had to get a new harddrive installed - and now when I try to install it, the cd just comes right out again - nothing happens. :-/ It is a retail DVD - iWork 09... The guy from Apple told me, that it is because it will no longer run on any system older than Mojave.

Would be nice if he was wrong though...

Iworks for mac os high sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.