Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Pages version for Mojave 10.14

Why won't Apple let me update my purchased Pages app from an older version from Yosemite days to my current Mojave OS ? I cannot even run macOS 11 on my Mini. I just need the last version of Pages that worked on Mojave

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 1:03 PM

Ensure that you are fully updated to Mojave 10.14.6 and any subsequent security updates via Software Update. Then, launch the Mac App Store and be signed in with the same Apple ID that you used to install Pages in Yosemite. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchases panel, and there may be an update button adjacent to Pages.

Click that Update button and expect two dialogs:

1. You will need a newer version of macOS to install Pages v12.1. Do not cancel, and just acknowledge that dialog.
  2. Install the last compatible version of Pages (v10.1) for macOS Mojave. Acknowledge this dialog and it will get you current with the last version of Pages for Mojave.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 1:03 PM in response to Dewey V

Ensure that you are fully updated to Mojave 10.14.6 and any subsequent security updates via Software Update. Then, launch the Mac App Store and be signed in with the same Apple ID that you used to install Pages in Yosemite. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchases panel, and there may be an update button adjacent to Pages.

Click that Update button and expect two dialogs:

1. You will need a newer version of macOS to install Pages v12.1. Do not cancel, and just acknowledge that dialog.
  2. Install the last compatible version of Pages (v10.1) for macOS Mojave. Acknowledge this dialog and it will get you current with the last version of Pages for Mojave.

Sep 20, 2022 1:21 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thank You! The Cmd+) key combo was close but not directly spot on, but I got it to work soon enough. Great trick to know since I may now update Numbers and Keynote even though I never use them ( preferring Libre Office instead) All my older Pages personal Templates and last few documents created were still available, and they work

I note the the new Pages 10.1 completely overwrote the older app, but the icon remained in the Dock. Just need a little housekeeping to square it all up. Too bad Apple totally forsakes the older software and strands its customers , when they really don't have to.

Sep 20, 2022 2:07 PM in response to Dewey V

It is not stranding, it is Apple adding features to the three applications that are only available in newer releases of the operating system and thus, require those operating system versions for installation.

You can use your existing hardware until it fails, and at some point, it will, and then you will be looking at newer replacement hardware that should support more current versions of these applications. That may also require some periodic budgeting for new hardware so that when the time arrives, it won't be a mountain to climb financially.

By this time next year, LibreOffice will require macOS Catalina for new updates.

How to get Pages version for Mojave 10.14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.