Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upgrade Apple Pages?

I'm using OS Mojave. How can I upgrade to the best version of Pages that will run on Mojave? I can't run the latest for Big Sur, but maybe version 10.3?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 6:54 AM

Apple does not maintain user downloadable versions of its past, full installers. Presently, the Mac App Store requires that you are running Catalina 10.15.n, or Big Sur 11.n.n for installation of Pages v10.3.9 (current). The last version of Pages for Mojave is v10.1, and if you have that, you are done.

If you have a version of Pages older than v10.1 on Mojave, there is a (slim) possibility that you could get it updated through the Mac App Store, provided that you sign-in with the same Apple ID used to install it previously. With the Mac App Store launched, press ⌘+0 (zero). That takes you to the previous purchase page, where you can click on the Pages icon if it offers an Update button or a blue cloud with a download symbol.

It will pop a dialog telling you that you cannot install the current version of Pages from the Mac App Store but might show you a second dialog that offers to update your version of Pages to v10.1. Do not be surprised if you do not get that secondary dialog.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 6:54 AM in response to PNW1000

Apple does not maintain user downloadable versions of its past, full installers. Presently, the Mac App Store requires that you are running Catalina 10.15.n, or Big Sur 11.n.n for installation of Pages v10.3.9 (current). The last version of Pages for Mojave is v10.1, and if you have that, you are done.

If you have a version of Pages older than v10.1 on Mojave, there is a (slim) possibility that you could get it updated through the Mac App Store, provided that you sign-in with the same Apple ID used to install it previously. With the Mac App Store launched, press ⌘+0 (zero). That takes you to the previous purchase page, where you can click on the Pages icon if it offers an Update button or a blue cloud with a download symbol.

It will pop a dialog telling you that you cannot install the current version of Pages from the Mac App Store but might show you a second dialog that offers to update your version of Pages to v10.1. Do not be surprised if you do not get that secondary dialog.

Jan 17, 2021 7:55 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you for this information. I tried what you suggested, got the Update button and then the first, disappointing, dialogue box. But no second box, as you correctly guessed.

Their policy of not supporting older software is the most frustrating and aggravating aspect about Apple, as far as I'm concerned. I'm a die-hard Apple fan, but stopped believing in their doing-no-wrong a long time ago.

By the way... not being incredibly tech savvy, I really appreciate folks like you taking time to answer questions. Thank you.

How to upgrade Apple Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.