Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrading mac Pages version

How do I upgrade my pages to a previous version (#10.0 from approx June 2020) on Mojave?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 5:47 AM

Once Apple releases a new operating system, the preceding operating system is hidden in the Mac App Store. See How to get old versions of macOS, so you can check your hardware compatibility, and access the older macOS installer. Use Safari on that link, or your results may frustrate you. You can confirm the model year of your Mac from the menu : About This Mac panel.

If you have any Mac that starts up from an Apple Fusion (rotational) drive, I recommend that you think twice about installing Big Sur on that already slow drive. At any rate, Big Sur requires a minimum of 35 GB available storage when upgrading from High Sierra or later, and 45 GB when upgrading from an older operating system.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 5:47 AM in response to Lynneh

Once Apple releases a new operating system, the preceding operating system is hidden in the Mac App Store. See How to get old versions of macOS, so you can check your hardware compatibility, and access the older macOS installer. Use Safari on that link, or your results may frustrate you. You can confirm the model year of your Mac from the menu : About This Mac panel.

If you have any Mac that starts up from an Apple Fusion (rotational) drive, I recommend that you think twice about installing Big Sur on that already slow drive. At any rate, Big Sur requires a minimum of 35 GB available storage when upgrading from High Sierra or later, and 45 GB when upgrading from an older operating system.

Dec 17, 2020 10:57 AM in response to Lynneh

You don't. Apple does not provide user downloads of full, past Pages installers, and the Mac App Store on Mojave will block you from downloading the current version of Pages in the Mac App Store as it requires Catalina or later.

When I deliberately removed Pages v10.1 from Mojave, knowing that I could recover it from my Time Machine backup, the Mac App Store rightly declined to install Pages v10.2 (Catalina or later), and did not offer to re-install v10.1 again.

Dec 17, 2020 11:49 AM in response to VikingOSX

Shoot. I'm trying to upgrade it to Catalina now.....and it won't let me do that either. Just the Big Sur upgrade. Frustrating to be running version 10 on the laptop and not able to open those documents now on the desktop. All because I let it update a security update on mojave. Same update they want to run on the laptop now.

upgrading mac Pages version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.