Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading to any Pages for Mac version compatible with Mac OS Mohave

The Pages for Mac 10.3.5 we understand, is for either Catalina or Big Sur. For those of us who for one reason or the other would only be interested in any close Pages for Mac version, (say Pages 8.1 for Mac) what are our options. I will be happy to upgrade to pages 8.1 for Mac but do not see it in Apple Store. To Apple or folks out there, how can I get Pages for Mac version 8.1 and the counterpart version for Numbers for Mac.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 8:23 AM

Many thanks for the time taken to attend to this matter. The reason for my request is that it took me quite a while to upgrade to Mohave OS. I tried, a couple of years back, to upgrade to High Sierra OS but could not. I would say I was fortunate to upgrade to Mohave by using a more powerful router.

I have read a couple of reports on how some have upgraded to Big Sur OS and have rued their action. I have read that this machine is compatible with Big Sur OS. My problem is with the file size in relation to the size of my drive. I guess I will wait on the side and observe how others with my machine type have fared after upgrading to Big Sur OS.

I will like to use the opportunity of this medium to suggest to Apple that they maintain at least a back version or Two back versions of such apps like Pages, Numbers and Keynote so that those of us who are yet to be at par with the latest Apple trends (like having Big Sur in this case) will have some consolation for the effort in upgrading to some higher pedestal (like in my case).

Many Thanks, VikingOSX for your time and explanation. Greatly appreciated.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 8:23 AM in response to VikingOSX

Many thanks for the time taken to attend to this matter. The reason for my request is that it took me quite a while to upgrade to Mohave OS. I tried, a couple of years back, to upgrade to High Sierra OS but could not. I would say I was fortunate to upgrade to Mohave by using a more powerful router.

I have read a couple of reports on how some have upgraded to Big Sur OS and have rued their action. I have read that this machine is compatible with Big Sur OS. My problem is with the file size in relation to the size of my drive. I guess I will wait on the side and observe how others with my machine type have fared after upgrading to Big Sur OS.

I will like to use the opportunity of this medium to suggest to Apple that they maintain at least a back version or Two back versions of such apps like Pages, Numbers and Keynote so that those of us who are yet to be at par with the latest Apple trends (like having Big Sur in this case) will have some consolation for the effort in upgrading to some higher pedestal (like in my case).

Many Thanks, VikingOSX for your time and explanation. Greatly appreciated.

Feb 5, 2021 7:38 AM in response to spraxys

Apple does not retain full installer versions of past Pages versions for user download and installation. It is the current version in the Mac App Store with its operating system requirements.

There is a very slim possibility that you can be gifted an upgraded version of Pages from the Mac App Store. This works by signing into the Mac App Store (if not already), pressing ⌘+0 (zero), and landing on the Previous purchases panel. Click Pages, and see what happens:

1. It will attempt to access Pages v10.3.9, tell you no, and that is the end of it.
  2. Perform [1], and then offer a consolation prize of updating your installed Pages to the last version available for Mojave.

Item 2 is a very unlikely maybe.

Upgrading to any Pages for Mac version compatible with Mac OS Mohave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.