Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Pages 11.1 on Catalina?

The App Store won't let me upgrade from Pages 8.0 despite Pages 11.1 being the latest version that will run on Mac OS Catalina. My late 2013 iMac cannot be updated to a newer version of MacOS so I am stuck with v8.0.

Where can I get a copy of Pages 11.1 for Catalina?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 11:38 AM

Yours is a different scenario with history of multiple Apple ID, and I won't be able to help further since the Apple ID you are attempting to use apparently is wrong. See if Apple Support can help you at Official Apple Support

9 replies

Jan 15, 2023 10:44 AM in response to Basilisk2

Launch the Mac App Store and sign in with the same Apple ID as you used to install Pages previously. Then press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased page. You should see Pages with a blue iCloud silhouette with down arrow. Click that icon and you should receive a dialog offering to install the last compatible version (11.1) of Pages on Catalina.

Jan 15, 2023 11:14 AM in response to VikingOSX

I read you had posted almost this exact reply back in 2021 but on my system it refuses to accept Pages 11.1 can run on Catalina. I get no option to update to the latest version. I can't update the OS due to hardware issues, and I can't update the software because Apple won't let me. I can't find a link to Pages 11.1 anywhere else because that is now on v12. It's a catch 22 situation.

Jan 16, 2023 8:03 AM in response to Basilisk2

If you had installed Pages previously from the Mac App Store, and use the identical Apple ID that you used previously, then obtaining Pages v11.1 for Catalina should be possible as many have succeeded with my instructions.

If you have some version of Pages installed on Catalina that is not compatible with Catalina, then you should move it to the Trash, empty the Trash, and try my instructions again. Once again, it must be the same Apple ID that you used to install Pages previously.

Jan 16, 2023 11:26 AM in response to Basilisk2

I've used Pages since the introduction of iWork which came free on computers in 2006 when I switched from Windows. I stayed with Pages 5 for a long time because it was the last version that could mailmerge which was an essential feature for me. I have been an Apple User Group leader and had one AppleID there, then there was a work ID and a private ID and they were on different computers - work had the work one and home had the private one. At some point Apple combined the work and private stuff and so I have no idea which one I need. I upgraded to 8 using the AppStore though.

It is possible that when I upgraded the OS to Catalina from Yosemite and then to Mojave the jump was too much. The system did hang while installing Catalina and I rebooted half way through so maybe that is the problem?

Jan 16, 2023 12:09 PM in response to VikingOSX

The Official Apple Support page, after I entered a long search term, suggested I go to Finder, Go-Applications and then drag Pages to the bin. I saw I still had one pages.app from iWork 09, plus a copy of Pages.app and Pages.app so after deleting those I went back to the AppStore, typed Cmd+0 (Cmd+zero) to get the Purchases page, scrolled down and it offered me a new Pages install, said I could not have the latest, but it did let me download Pages 11.1 so that solved my problem. Thank you for your help!

How to get Pages 11.1 on Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.