Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update pages app

I have Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalina Looking to get the latest version of Pages I have 5.6.2

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 5:30 AM

Launch the Mac App Store and sign in with the same Apple ID as you used to install Pages v5.6.2. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchases panel, and if Pages is there with a blue cloud outline, click that. You will be shown a dialog offering to install the last compatible version (11.1) of Pages for macOS Catalina. If that does not work, move Pages v5.6.2 to the Trash and empty the Trash, then repeat the first sentence.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2022 5:30 AM in response to YsoseriousP

Launch the Mac App Store and sign in with the same Apple ID as you used to install Pages v5.6.2. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchases panel, and if Pages is there with a blue cloud outline, click that. You will be shown a dialog offering to install the last compatible version (11.1) of Pages for macOS Catalina. If that does not work, move Pages v5.6.2 to the Trash and empty the Trash, then repeat the first sentence.

Jul 27, 2022 8:09 AM in response to VikingOSX

I did this yesterday! Make sure the Pages App is listed when you click on your name in the App Store.

Save your pages files to your documents folder or another location first!

I moved the App to the trash using App Cleaner then deleted it..

When I clicked on my name in the App Store after that, it showed the Pages App in the cloud..

I clicked on it. It said the most current version needed the newest OS etc….BUT the download button was there and highlighted.

With that download I went from Pages 5.6.2- 11.1.

Im running a MacBook Pro mid 2012 with OS Catalina.

SSD was moved from a mid 2009 MacBook Pro.

update pages app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.