Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri won't play songs from Apple music on iPhone

Siri on my iPhone has stopped playing music from Apple Music, stating it can't find the song in my library.

I can search for the same song manually in the music app, so there is nothing wrong with the Apple music subscription. This has only occurred in the last couple of weeks - anyone else experiencing this?

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 12:24 PM

Hello danfrommaidstone,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you’re unable to use Siri to search for songs in your Apple Music library. You are able to search for the songs manually. This started happening the past couple of weeks. I’m happy to help.

Please use the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Once your iPhone has fully restarted, are you able to use Siri to search for songs? If not, please use the steps here to back up and update to iOS 13.2: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apple has released iOS 13.2 today.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 12:24 PM in response to danfrommaidstone

Hello danfrommaidstone,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you’re unable to use Siri to search for songs in your Apple Music library. You are able to search for the songs manually. This started happening the past couple of weeks. I’m happy to help.

Please use the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Once your iPhone has fully restarted, are you able to use Siri to search for songs? If not, please use the steps here to back up and update to iOS 13.2: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apple has released iOS 13.2 today.

Take care.

Siri won't play songs from Apple music on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.