Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri searching Apple Music

Just got iPhone 13 Pro, not Siri will not search or play music from Apple Music. It will only play songs from my library. Why and how do I fix this? I am coming from an iPhone X.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 9:28 AM

Hi there kevinm783,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communites. We understand you're having some difficulties with Siri using Apple Music and see you came to us from a helpful support article for this. Can you tell us if Siri gives you any type of error whenever you request to play a song from Apple Music? It sounds like it may not be registering that you have an active Apple Music subscription. Are you able to stream content with Apple Music by using the Music app on your new iPhone?

To start, we would recommend restarting your iPhone and making sure that it is up to date with the latest software version and then test again. The support articles below can walk you through those steps if needed.

Restart your iPhone 

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

We hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 9:28 AM in response to kevinm783

Hi there kevinm783,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communites. We understand you're having some difficulties with Siri using Apple Music and see you came to us from a helpful support article for this. Can you tell us if Siri gives you any type of error whenever you request to play a song from Apple Music? It sounds like it may not be registering that you have an active Apple Music subscription. Are you able to stream content with Apple Music by using the Music app on your new iPhone?

To start, we would recommend restarting your iPhone and making sure that it is up to date with the latest software version and then test again. The support articles below can walk you through those steps if needed.

Restart your iPhone 

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

We hope this helps.

Siri searching Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.