Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get itunes 12.8.2.3 to open to my playlists, not something else?

Ever since I updated to itunes 12.8.2.3, it opens up a page I'm not interested in instead of to my playlists. Driving me nuts. How do I get it back to opening up just my music library/playlists so I can miniaturize it, put it in a corner of the screen, and just listen to music? Thanks so much for any helpful information!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 2:53 AM

5 replies

Oct 22, 2019 4:05 AM in response to turingtest2

It's an ad, it's a page showing my podcast library (list form). I want it to show my playlist songs--playlists in left sidebar, info in the rest of the screen.

Sorry I can't show you an image--I guess Apple doesn't allow screenshot pasting any more and I don't know how else to illustrate the page. Maybe you can figure it out from the above. Thanks.

Oct 22, 2019 5:10 AM in response to Turtlewiz

There is a tool for inserting images in the row of icons below the editing window. Ignoring the help icon it is the second from the right, next to the YouTube icon.

To enable the sidebar when hidden use View > Show Sidebar. If that option is greyed out try clicking Library at the top centre of the window or a back arrow button if you see one. Alternatively there may be a drop down box with Podcasts selected that you can change to read Music.

tt2

How do I get itunes 12.8.2.3 to open to my playlists, not something else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.