Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change password of sparsebundle in Disk Utility?

Hello communities,

In older OS, in order to change the password of an encrypted disk image, we just click on the EJECTED but remained MOUNTED disk volume on the sidebar of disk utility, and proceed to File>change password to get the easy job done.

But now in Mojave, I just discovered that once i ejected a disk image, it is unmounted automatically and hence the volume disappear from the sidebar on the disk utility altogether leaving you not able to choose the volume to change its password.

Trying on the other end, in order for a disk image to be mounted, I opened the disk image, as in logged in with password. However when a volume is opened and mounted, the option of File>Change Password is fade out and unavailable! As in... since you are now logged in with a current acting password, you cannot at the same time change it. So you proceed to eject it...and loop back to above paragraph.

How do we get out of this catchment?!

(This is just one of a few other twitches between APFS and HFS)

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 4:19 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

How to change password of sparsebundle in Disk Utility?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.