Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My purchased movies have disappeared from my Apple TV!

Since I have updated to OS Catalina, all my purchased movies have disappeared from my Apple TV. They are still available on my iPhone Xs. The new Music App replacing iTunes sucks and keeps crushing and/or hanging on my MacBook Pro. The Movies are still visible on my iTunes library if I make a search using Spotlight. How am I suppose to play these movies if they do not appear under any App on the MacBook Pro? If I make a search with Spotlight, then I can play them using QuickTime.

Apple this time managed to make software even worse than windows 95. Congratulations !!!

Apple TV 4, tvOS 13

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 5:09 PM

Hello Pressas and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have a question about accessing purchased movies after updating your Mac to Catalina.

You'll do that now with the Apple TV app. Just open it and click the Library tab.

Apple TV app - Apple

Cheers

3 replies

Oct 30, 2019 3:27 AM in response to cp from OH

I have located my movies in the library of the "TV App" of my MacBook, without covers while they would not play play initially due to an error about the screen resolution being incompatible. (The covers I later copied from the web also). The bug later disappeared and the movies played.

However, on my Apple TV (4), still the movies are invisible under the library and in the purchased list also.

My purchased movies have disappeared from my Apple TV!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.