Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv app doesn't show all movies

I have several movies on my computer that I downloaded outside of itunes. they appear and work fine in the apple tv app library on my computer, but they don't show up on the apple tv app on my smart tv. under "library" they aren't there. any help?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 3:09 PM

The TV app is for consolidating supported streaming services (Apple TV channels) along with iTunes purchases. The library tab is for the latter. It will not give access to local content. On the Apple TV hardware this is done using the Computer app (which utilizes home sharing to stream content from the local iTunes library over the LAN).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2019 3:09 PM in response to moltoparticolare

The TV app is for consolidating supported streaming services (Apple TV channels) along with iTunes purchases. The library tab is for the latter. It will not give access to local content. On the Apple TV hardware this is done using the Computer app (which utilizes home sharing to stream content from the local iTunes library over the LAN).

apple tv app doesn't show all movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.