Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung Dex ... unable to detect phone via USB

can u let me know how do i reinstall the USB driver on my mac

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 5:39 PM

Sure....... I didn't know what in the world a Samsung DEX was until I looked it up

it's the app used to connect a Samsung Galaxy Phone to your Mac or PC and transfer stuff

all righty then. When you download the "Dex" app for Mac, there should be an uninstaller, along with an installer. Run the Uninstaller first to get rid of the 1st version of Dex then run the Installer again. Oh, and you'll need to be running Mac OS 10.13 or better. That's high sierra or Mojave. I wouldn't try it in Catalina, at least not yet, until things are sorted out with it. Your Galaxy has to be a Note 10 or Note 10+ as well. So after you run the uninstaller, then run the installer, and after it says "Done", then plug your phone in via USB-C.

Other than that, that's really all I have. You could reset the smc/pmu and zap pram before reinstalling the Dex, or not. Dunno if it'd do a whole lot of good.....

john b

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2019 5:39 PM in response to DCMMelb

Sure....... I didn't know what in the world a Samsung DEX was until I looked it up

it's the app used to connect a Samsung Galaxy Phone to your Mac or PC and transfer stuff

all righty then. When you download the "Dex" app for Mac, there should be an uninstaller, along with an installer. Run the Uninstaller first to get rid of the 1st version of Dex then run the Installer again. Oh, and you'll need to be running Mac OS 10.13 or better. That's high sierra or Mojave. I wouldn't try it in Catalina, at least not yet, until things are sorted out with it. Your Galaxy has to be a Note 10 or Note 10+ as well. So after you run the uninstaller, then run the installer, and after it says "Done", then plug your phone in via USB-C.

Other than that, that's really all I have. You could reset the smc/pmu and zap pram before reinstalling the Dex, or not. Dunno if it'd do a whole lot of good.....

john b

Samsung Dex ... unable to detect phone via USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.