Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Learn about new MacBook Pro

Why can I not get an appointment with an Apple-knowledgeable employee to help get started on my new MacBook Pro. I have had Apple Macs since the mid-1980s when floppy disks were in use. Therefore, I am familiar with Apple products--also have an iPhone, an iPad, and an old MacBook Pro, but I am NOT a techie and need help. No instructions in box, no manual, geniouses and sales people do not have time to help me. Bought AppleCare but that is only for problems not how to get up and running. I am not good at talking on the phone and trying to figure out what an Apple tech is talking about. I am lost and plan to return my new MacBook Pro and just go back to using my old slow but dependable one. There was no place to send this message directly to Apple or to the Apple Store where I purchased this new one.

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 8:53 AM

Guay wrote:

Why can I not get an appointment with an Apple-knowledgeable employee to help get started on my new MacBook Pro.

Personal Setup - Apple

Today at Apple - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 23, 2019 8:30 AM in response to Guay

The most recent Mac we bought came with a lovely card inviting us to contact the store to arrange a time for "Personal Setup".

If the sales people at your Apple store are "too busy to help you" ask to speak to the store manager and ask them when you can return at a less-busy time for assistance, or if there is a scheduled class appropriate for you.

This is the fundamental purpose of The Apple Store.

Learn about new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.