I have a defective MacBook, how can Apple Care help?

Hello guys.

I have a top - end MacBook Pro 16' 2019. Im very sad because of its heavy lagging performance, and I want to bring it to apple store (I want them to find out what is wrong with my MacBook). I saw some videos, where a guy purposely destroys his iphone and with apple care guaranty he gets completely new Iphone. Im sure that I have something with a hardware part of my Macbook (I think the problem is there), so should I expect apple store to give me another Mac like mine? (And how they can do so, since I have a custom one). What are the options in my case? what do they do in such cases?

Thank you in advance! Wish everyone have a good day!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 9:24 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 21, 2023 9:48 AM in response to MetraNikolaev

If you want an official answer, you need to ask Apple and they do not address such questions in these forums.

We are end users like you here for mutual tech support. We cannot support Apple policies other than linking to what Apple have posted. We cannot give you a binding answer.

I saw some videos, where a guy purposely destroys his iphone and with apple care guaranty he gets completely new Iphone.

I suspect the guy conveniently "forgot" to tell Apple the truth about deliberate damages to the device. Those are never covered. That evidence would not even stand up in a TV court of law run by a dyspeptic donkey. I recommend you NOT mention any online videos when you talk to Apple. The truth is severely lacking in online info

so should I expect apple store to give me another Mac like mine? (And how they can do so, since I have a custom one).

From experience, I can say that Apple now sends most devices to a central repair facility. Very little repair work is done in-store any more due to lack of space to inventory the myriad parts needed to service so many product lines. If the device is fixable, they will rerun it to its original configuration—even if custom—and, if not covered by warranty, will give an estimate for your approval.

What are the options in my case? what do they do in such cases?

Add those to your questions for Apple. As this involves Apple policy, this is far beyond the scope of user-to-user tech forums.

I have a defective MacBook, how can Apple Care help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.