Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update to iOS 13.1.3 , I am phone has become useless . It says Cellular update has failed .

I updated to iOS 13 , after which my cellular services are not working at all .

You can not make and receive calls , Cellular update has failed .

I reset to the phone to factory settings still same error .

I tried to erase the phone and I got message

you will not be able to set up this iphone after erasing a cellular update is required

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply
5 replies

Oct 24, 2019 12:02 AM in response to deggie

The link is of no use .

I contacted Apple Support and they are saying to contact ATnT , I reached to ATnT and they say its unlocked from their end . I again reached Apple and they say ATnT creates a profile which may have been over ridden during the upgrade ,so ATnT has to redo it.

I am not using ATnT any more .

Should Apple as the product owner not be able to fix the problem , rather asking me to get in touch with service provider .

Can I get help in this regards!

Oct 25, 2019 1:37 AM in response to deggie

I gt 8 Plus in Sep 2017 from Best Buy , universal SIM . I inserted my ATnT has it was good to go . I came to India in Jan 2019 and inserted Vodafone SIM and it dint work , I got in touch with ATnT and they unlocked it . Last week their was message on my screen that "you can not receive and make calls or use cellular data untill u update " . I updated to iOS 13 . The phone was updated and it again displayed the same message . However this time I was on the lastest OS . Since then I am struggling .

When I go to Settings -> Cellular , it displays error and has a message to update to latest OS .

I tried to erase the phone , I got a message , Celluar Update has failed so the device cant be activated after erasing" . So I did not erase my device .

Suggest what is the solution !

After update to iOS 13.1.3 , I am phone has become useless . It says Cellular update has failed .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.