Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merge all data from two (husband/wife) into one account...i.e., merge my wife’s iCloud into mine.

How do I transfer or merge all data, purchases, photos, etc...into another iCloud account. Example: Husband and wife have two different Apple IDs and cloud and we want one account with, especially the photos.

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 10:26 AM

You cannot transfer purchases - those are permanently tied to the AppleID used when making the transaction.

For iCloud content, see Winston Churchill’s post in this thread fro a guide to do that - How to transfer all files from one iCloud… - Apple Community

Also note if you share an AppleID for FaceTime and messages, you’ll both be getting all of each others calls and messages.

You may be far better off simply setting up family sharing rather than trying to share an AppleID, which means sharing everything - messages and texts, notes, iCloud email, contacts, call history, etc. There is no privacy nor separation of any data when you share an AppleID for Apple online services.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2019 10:26 AM in response to Buffs3

You cannot transfer purchases - those are permanently tied to the AppleID used when making the transaction.

For iCloud content, see Winston Churchill’s post in this thread fro a guide to do that - How to transfer all files from one iCloud… - Apple Community

Also note if you share an AppleID for FaceTime and messages, you’ll both be getting all of each others calls and messages.

You may be far better off simply setting up family sharing rather than trying to share an AppleID, which means sharing everything - messages and texts, notes, iCloud email, contacts, call history, etc. There is no privacy nor separation of any data when you share an AppleID for Apple online services.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Merge all data from two (husband/wife) into one account...i.e., merge my wife’s iCloud into mine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.