Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicating all data on new ID

Hi, my partner and I have been sharing an ID and now want to duplicate all photos and apps to her new Apple ID whilst retain all content on my ID.

How do I do this? Thank you.

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 6:16 AM

You can use Family Sharing to share the apps you have purchased while using your same Apple ID. If you keep the old Apple ID, you must create a Family Sharing and then invite your partner with the new Apple ID. That way, your partner gets access to the same apps, so they don't have to be bought again.

As for the pictures. Then you can either choose to send all the pictures via, for example, AirDrop, or create a shared album that you share with your partner's new Apple ID. In the shared album, you then move all the pictures that your partner must have access to.

You can read more about Family Sharing and how it is set up here:

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

You can read how to create a Shared Album here:

How to use Shared Albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2023 6:16 AM in response to GordonSU

You can use Family Sharing to share the apps you have purchased while using your same Apple ID. If you keep the old Apple ID, you must create a Family Sharing and then invite your partner with the new Apple ID. That way, your partner gets access to the same apps, so they don't have to be bought again.

As for the pictures. Then you can either choose to send all the pictures via, for example, AirDrop, or create a shared album that you share with your partner's new Apple ID. In the shared album, you then move all the pictures that your partner must have access to.

You can read more about Family Sharing and how it is set up here:

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

You can read how to create a Shared Album here:

How to use Shared Albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

Duplicating all data on new ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.