Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to go from Catalina Beta to Catalina public (tried everything I found on this forum)

I think I have tried everything suggested and nothing works so far.

1. Download Catalina from the app store. I get the error "cannot find that version MacOS" or something like that. I found a bunch of different recommendation to get past that error and nothing worked.
  2. Perform Internet Recovery. Unfortunately it wants to recover to Catalina Beta so that doesn't work either.

Any help?

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 10:49 AM

There are 2 options described in the Support section of https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/faq

1: "How do I stop receiving public betas and install the next shipping iOS, iPadOS, macOS, or tvOS release?"

and

2: "How do I restore a prior shipping release of iOS, iPadOS, macOS, or tvOS?"

The second option requires that you have Time Machine backup from before you installed the beta.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2019 10:49 AM in response to dustintodd

There are 2 options described in the Support section of https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/faq

1: "How do I stop receiving public betas and install the next shipping iOS, iPadOS, macOS, or tvOS release?"

and

2: "How do I restore a prior shipping release of iOS, iPadOS, macOS, or tvOS?"

The second option requires that you have Time Machine backup from before you installed the beta.

Oct 23, 2019 11:25 AM in response to dustintodd

What is the version of Catalina that you have installed? If you unenroll, their needs to be a later public version. See the following from the previous link:

At any time, you may unenroll your device so that it no longer receives these updates. Then, when the next version of commercial software is released, you can install it from iOS Software Update, the Mac App Store, or tvOS Software Update.

Trying to go from Catalina Beta to Catalina public (tried everything I found on this forum)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.