Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Announce time voice won't download.

Ive been trying to download the Siri male (British) voice for a while but every time I try to download it I receive a notification on my Mac stating "Voices aren't available to download at this time. Try again later." I use the announce time feature and would really like to remove the robotic system voice so can anyone help on this.

Thanks.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 3:54 PM

Hello Josh_H_1703,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are trying to download a Siri voice on the Mac. Are you able to download voices using Accessibility? Since the error message says "at this time", are you having trouble accessing the internet or using other services? I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

"Add a new voice

You can add voices to the System Voice pop-up menu. If you add a voice that’s not on your Mac, it’s automatically downloaded from Apple.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Accessibility, then click Speech.
  2. Click the System Voice pop-up menu, then choose Customize.
  3. Select the checkbox beside the voices you want to add.
  4. To find a voice, enter its name, country or region, or language in the search field.
  5. To sample a voice, select it, then click Play.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Click the System Voice pop-up menu, then choose the voice.
  8. The voice appears in the menu when the download is complete."

Change the voice your Mac uses to speak text

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2019 3:54 PM in response to Josh_H_1703

Hello Josh_H_1703,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are trying to download a Siri voice on the Mac. Are you able to download voices using Accessibility? Since the error message says "at this time", are you having trouble accessing the internet or using other services? I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

"Add a new voice

You can add voices to the System Voice pop-up menu. If you add a voice that’s not on your Mac, it’s automatically downloaded from Apple.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Accessibility, then click Speech.
  2. Click the System Voice pop-up menu, then choose Customize.
  3. Select the checkbox beside the voices you want to add.
  4. To find a voice, enter its name, country or region, or language in the search field.
  5. To sample a voice, select it, then click Play.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Click the System Voice pop-up menu, then choose the voice.
  8. The voice appears in the menu when the download is complete."

Change the voice your Mac uses to speak text

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Announce time voice won't download.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.