Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download new available voices in Sys Prefs

Apple routinely offers new downloadable voices for Sys Prefs - to announce the time, for example, and for other purposes.

I believe Monterey offers at least three new voices - two Finnish - Suvi & Topi and the Chinese voice, Yu-Shu. These are listed as available in Sys Prefs/ Dock & Menu Bar / Clock. But when selected, all three say, "Will be downloaded," but never download. I could use these in my teaching.

Interestingly, forty-six nationalized Siri Voices are also selectable, but none of these download, either. This problem existed before Monterey.

Any thoughts, or an avenue to let Apple know about this?

Thanks much! Rick

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 5:12 AM

Feedback - macOS - Apple

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 18, 2022 7:24 AM in response to Rick Hess

Rick Hess wrote:

Yep, but all that link yields is the page:
macOS - then boxes for my name, email, subject, empty comments box and questions about my computer, OS, primary language and macOS environment. No content from you.

The link provided by dialabrain, is precisely the avenue to let Apple know about your issue. Use the comments box there to explain your issue along with all the relevant data it's asking for.

Unable to download new available voices in Sys Prefs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.