Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How could I use iWeb on macOS Catalina? Is there a way to go around the 32-bit issue? Thanks. --GAB

How could I use iWeb on macOS Catalina? Is there a way to go around the 32-bit issue? Thanks. --GAB

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 10:44 AM

No, there's no way go get around the 64 bit requirement. You'll either have to go back to the provious system that iWeb worked in or migrate your websites to another app like EverWeb, Flux, etc.

5 replies

Dec 20, 2019 5:42 AM in response to SteenPedersen

I have the same situation as Guy Boy. However running iWeb on a virtual machine (have tried VMware Fusion and Parallels) , iWeb looses some of its functionality ie you cannot see the images on the layout pages etc, however publishing them they are all visible. I have tried a suggestion of

"Go to the iWeb application, right click on the app and select "Show Package Contents"

Browse to "/Contents/Resources/" and open "Defaults.plist" in textedit

Find the lines "<key>SFRAcceleratedCanvas</key>

<true/>"

and edit it to <key>SFRAcceleratedCanvas</key>

<false/>"

however this would only show me the outside shapes of the objects on the page.

Any suggestions / hints would be appreciated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.